In this blog post I would like to write again about mobile test automation. In the last months I spent a lot of my time working on a new test automation framework: Selendroid - a mobile WebDriver implementation for native and hybrid Android apps.
Main features of selendroid are:
- Full compatibility with the JSON Wire Protocol.
- No modification of app under test required in order to automate it
- Testing the mobile web using built in Android driver webview app
- Same concept for automating native or hybrid apps
- UI elements can be found by different locator types
- Gestures are supported: Advanced User Interactions API
- Selendroid can interact with multiple Android devices (emulators or hardware devices) at the same time
- Existing Emulators are started automatically
- Selendroid supports hot plugging of hardware devices
- Full integration as a node into Selenium Grid for scaling and parallel testing
- Multiple Android target API support (10 to 19)
- Built in Inspector to simplify test case development.
The source is hosted at github: http://github.com/selendroid.
The Documenation is available at http://selendroid.io.
Happy mobile testing!